Thursday, October 11, 2007

Self Portrait.... . .. . . . plus also a chicken.



Unlike the rest of the universe, I only recently acquired my first digital camera, so embarassingly enough I'm at this lame, narcissistic place where I take pictures of myself a lot. Pretty much like everyone else did when they were fourteen and got their first digicam.


So you can imagine my delight when posting a self-portrait was mentioned in lecture as a bloggable post. Neat.


And now I get reallllly clever.

In the vein of Jean Mohr, here is a breif series of alternative captions for this picture, and as a really fun experiment, read each, one at a time and look back at the picture and see how the caption effects how you see my picture.


1) Evidence of Fatal Romance


2) My Vacation in Spain


3) The Costs of Homelessness


5) 10 Different Ways to Curl Your Bangs!


6) Insomnia and the Wilderness: The Threat of Being Eaten by Bears


I bet when you read that first one you thought I was pretty deep, huh? Boy were you wrong! But still, It's interesting how, even though I was the one who took the picture of myself, and though I know where I am there, reading each caption lends the picture to a different reality. That picture was taken at my farm on the Bruce Penninsula, not Spain. And I don't curl my bangs.


Also here is a picture of a Klingon chicken at my farm. Post different captions for it, I dare you!!

1 comment:

Zack Vitiello said...

my caption idea for your chicken:
"ugly"